You’re on a far-away island with a group or friends, thousands of miles away from home – all of life’s regular rules have gone out of the window. You do things that you wouldn’t normally do back home and let your inhibitions run free. Holiday tattoo, anyone?
Yes the health regulations are different, yes you’ve had more tequilas than you can remember (and there are no rules prohibiting the combination of intoxication and tattoos), but you’re feeling spontaneous, and it’s cheaper than tattoo parlours back home.
If you ever find yourself in the above situation, stop! Consider the fact that studies have shown around two thirds of holidaymakers who get tattoos while on their travels regret them. Oh, and that tribal tattoo you’re toying with is about as original and charismatic as a ‘Keep Calm and Carry On’ onesie.
There’s so much that can do wrong: spelling mistakes, drunken decisions, awful tattoo artists, in-jokes that are not funny a few days later.
With this in mind, here are some of the worst holiday tattoos you have ever seen…
1. Don’t forget to deodorise before showing
Image :Shark Tattoo
2. A bad Freddie Mercury impersonation
Image :Bad Tattoo
3. Icecream face tattoo fail
Image:Ice cream tattoo
4. I think a few more people might be ‘juging’ you now
Image :Only God will Juge me
5. LEDGetarian, LEDGehog…idiot
6. Or you could just buy the concert t-shirts?
Image:Bad tattoo concert
7. What’s wrong with the classic ‘mum’ tattoo?
Image :classic ‘mum’ tattoo
8. No Nandos?
9. Cartoon tiger, anyone?
Image :Cartoon Tiger
10. This guy loves his job
Image:loves his job
11. Please listen to this advice
Image :listen to this advice
12. Everything little thing is not going to be alright
Image :Tribute tattoo
13. Once again, music tattoos are not a good idea
14. Is that supposed to be Steve Buscemi?
Image :supposed to be Steve Buscemi