Trying to find a good hen party destination is harder than you may initially think. Finding a location that is affordable and appealing to everyone will be a nightmare – women want something different from men. Culture, things to do, sunbathing, shopping and of course nightlife are all needed for the perfect hen party so we have brought you our top 5 recommendations for a good Hen destination.
1) New York – Well, what do we say to sell this idea to you? If you fancy going all Sex and the City for your Hen party, New York is a lot more affordable than a few years ago so you can pick up some fantastic long weekend deals. You get Times Squares, Statue of Liberty and the Empire State Building for your culture and sightseeing fix. You can shop to you drop at Tiffany’s and Bloomingdales, and the nightlife is truly fantastic. Indulge in a Cosmopolitan whilst taking in the skyline and create some truly amazing memories.
2) Paris – the most popular romantic holiday but also ideal for hen parties. Lots to see and do – the Eiffel Tower, Louvre museum and Arc De Triomphe are a few of the many sights you can go and see. Paris is a fashion haven so browse through the boutiques or sit with a Kir cocktail in a café and watch the world go by. Paris is a fantastic place to chill with your girlfriends and party the night away.
3) Ayia Napa – perfect if you want to get sun, sea and sozzled. Nissi Beach has lots of water sports for some adventure or a glorious stretch of white sandy beaches if you want to top up a sun tan. The nightlife is legendary – the clubs and bars are in abundance and you can come out of one and fall into the next. Whatever your music preferences, you will find something for everyone from Abba to Dubstep. Ayia Napa is still one of the best places to party the night away.
4) Bulgaria – not as popular for hen parties, but definitely worth a visit. The advantage of Bulgaria is the cost. Affordable airfares, low cost buses and trains when you are there and the cheap alcohol make Bulgaria an ideal hen destination. Lots of pubs and clubs to explore in the tourist sections of Albena and Sunny Beach, and you can relax on a sun lounger on the perfect sandy beaches the next day. Ideal for girls on a budget.
5) Benidorm – this holiday destination has always been seen as a little tacky and the hit series Benidorm has done little to change this perception. However tacky is never wrong for a hen party and here you get sunshine, beaches, all inclusive hotels and hunky locals! A perfect combination for a decent hen party.
Whichever destination you choose, make sure you get your travel insurance. Bear in mind that hen parties have a large number of alcohol related insurance claims which may not be covered so ensure you leave all valuables in your hotel safe before partying the night away.
This guest post was contributed by our friend Louise 🙂